Nestled in the Colorado High Country!
Dillon is nestled in the High Country just 70 miles west of Denver, and for winter fun there are an amazing number of world-class ski runs nearby, making it an ideal base of operations for any ski vacation. Visitors often challenge themselves to “ski hopping,” or seeing how many different hills they can hit in one vacation. It’s like bar hopping, but without the hangover.
But Dillon isn’t just a winter nexus of skiing fun. It’s an amazing summer spot as well. It’s easy drive into Denver, with its world-class food and music scenes, and yet has many prime attractions, itself.
Dillon located on the shores of Dillon Reservoir, and is renown for its lake fun attitude. (And don’t worry, there are more boats available for rent than there are hills to ski on.) Sailing rentals and tours, kayak rentals, a top-notch Sailing School (great for family fun as well), and there’s even the Dillon Yacht Club, with its own Jr. sailing school.
Don’t forget the Marine Apparel, with both brand name and boutique shops to cater to one’s maritime fashion needs.
Food & Lodging
Dillon offers a number of hotels, but where the town really shines is in vacation rentals. From condos to romantic getaways, and even luxury home rentals, Dillon can provide the privacy and amenities of home for your vacation. And of course, for those just passing through there are hotels catering to visitors like you.
And Dillon’s many outstanding restaurants and eateries offer great variety, and most overlook the beautiful lake scenery. While in town, you must check out some of the town’s dining destinations!
- Jersey Boys Pizza & Deli – voted the best pizza in the Rockies, so you know it’s good
- Pug Ryan’s, a steakhouse and brewpub, is located just steps from the lakeshore
- Nozawa, for those who enjoy sushi – the food is always fresh
- Dillon Dam Brewery is the largest brewhouse in the Colorado Rockies! They serve handcrafted ales and lagers, with both indoor and outdoor seating
- Arapahoe Cafe & Pub is off the beaten path, and offers a unique experience. Voted best in town on numerous occasions, it’s the locals’ secret eatery.
- The Red Mountain Grill has many house specialties (including a pistachio-crusted local trout) – and one of the best Happy Hours in Dillon.
Dillon is one of the best-kept secrets of the Rockies. It’s mere minutes from more than half a dozen world-class ski runs, nestled on the shores of one of the most beautiful lakes in Colorado, with vacation rentals to meet your tastes whatever they may be. With some of the best winter skiing in the world at your fingertips, and a summer scene that makes it an amazing vacation destination, Dillon should definitely be on every vacationer’s To-Do List.
And whether summer or winter, many of those vacation rental houses have hot tubs for your after-hours celebration or relaxation – and to get cozy with your special someone.
Heavenly Times hot tubs – Engineered for the Colorado High Country.